Friday 14 March 2014

Rolling science communication uphill


                         

Reminding myself that I roll the science communication career uphill so I can paint things like this for the best clients. Sometimes it's hard to be an advocate for fellow scientific artists and image makers and the respect we are not afforded by the right-click and reshares abused by commercial entities. 

People who should be allies in spreading better science communication who think attribution (let alone permission) is just some sort of unnecessary perk or "nice to have" hurt the most. 

Then I remember projects like the one that spawned this image above. I enjoyed the challenge and was respected and felt like I was contributing to making science better, more interesting, more easily understood. 

Thank you to my wonderful clients and peers. Together, image makers and science communicators can create something better. The internet is only 25 years old. We don't have to settle for what we have now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |