Monday 10 May 2010

Computer back, my brain reboots. Huh.

Turned out to be a motherboard problem with the HP Pavilion I bought last August. Thanks to Geek Squad, a warranty and me obstinately figuring out how to reload my backed up files, everything is running again.

I lost the rest of the photos from the zoo - don't wait for your weekly back-up kids! - but all things considered, not so bad.

Thankfully I was smack-dab between two commissions, (and one was traditional oils all the way!) and could check email via my wi-fi and iPod Touch. My mother-in-law let us borrow an older 'puter, and now we have two.

Except for the backing up not-supposed-to-be-in-there files in my D:/ drive, it's all good. Now to get back into the swing of things here, at Art Evolved, and at SONSI.

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow
under
Creative Commons Licence.

Flying Trilobite Gallery *** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

2 comments:

traumador said...

this whole multi blog life style keeps on one their toes doesn't it :P

glad you got most of your stuff back!

(one strategy i've been using to backup my photos is flickr. even if you don't have a pro account, you can upload as many as you want and they'll be there (you'll just only be able to get at the last 200 till you upgrade your account). in the case of a loss on your end, you can activate the flickr account and access all your photos that you uploaded)

Glendon Mellow said...

It certainly does!

I've thought about Flickr - thanks for the info. Even the amount of work on my blog and in Gmail can help.

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |