Monday 1 June 2009

Art Monday: Palettes


After realizing a visitor or two from the rodent family had moved into my studio space this weekend, I spent my painting time last night instead gutting my studio. Removing all the furniture, cleaning up, tossing things and pouring delightful amounts of cleanser on the hardwood floor.

My studio is actually a really large closet off the living room. Our nephew stays over once a week, and when he was small we gave up the studio-office so he could have a bedroom away from my potentially harmful paint supplies and so we could load it with Star Wars toys. My wife and I live in a wickedly ancient apartment building with many quirks in the architecture; pests are not common, thankfully.

Likely I will have more artwork up later in the week. For now, enjoy these palettes. I usually use container lids, as you can see, and these ones are waiting to be disposed of properly. Can you spot the two for Migrations? The one with a touch of blue for Introducing Sara Chasm?

- - - - - - - -

Original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow under Creative Commons Licence.

Flying Trilobite Gallery
*** Flying Trilobite Reproduction Shop ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |