Friday 12 September 2008

A perfect fanboy moment

Little known 'round these parts is that my 7 year old nephew and I are huge Star Wars fans. I've been collecting the 3.75" figures since I was three, and we rip open the packages and play with them all the time. Lately the Clones have been trying to thwart Indiana Jones from rescuing an Ewok cub, but that's another story. Admiral Ackbar is one of my favourites for his infamous, "It's a trap!" line.

You know when something that feels made for you comes along? I went into Silver Snail recently and found this:

...trilobite shield and shoulder pads included.

- -
All original artwork on The Flying Trilobite Copyright to Glendon Mellow. The contents of this blog are under a Creative Commons Licence. See sidebar for details. Please visit my
blog, gallery and reproduction store. Admiral Ackbar Rulez.

10 comments:

traumador said...

That is RIDICULIOUSLY cool!

It totally was a trap though you realize...

There's no way your willpower can deflect coolness of that magnitude!

Glendon Mellow said...

I agree. It's coolness was fully operational.

Anonymous said...

So you bought one or two, right?
Three?

Glendon Mellow said...

No Leslie, just one. Just one representing awesomeness.

Marimoy said...

this is really cool.

Zachary Miller said...

I saw that at Fred Meyer yesterday and thought of you, brother. Now you have to draw two trilobites having a lightsaber fight. No, seriously, you do.

Glendon Mellow said...

I thought so, Mimi. And thanks for checking in here! *beaming*

Zach, do I have to really? I was going to put a poll on here abut what pop-culture image would people like to see me paint: a superhero, toy or Star Wars character...

Maybe trilobites with lightsabers would work. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I told you to buy two...three :)

Glendon Mellow said...

Oh! Leslie, I'm such a dork.

Of course.

Three.

Anonymous said...

And then those three can become the commanders of the army of millions of trilobites you will organize...
(that would be 'more than three')

mwarharharharhar

Post a Comment

Posts over 14 days old have their comments held in moderation - I've been getting an unusual amount of spam for a guy who paints trilobites. I'll release it lickety-split though.

Copyright © 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Glendon Mellow. All rights reserved. See Creative Commons Licence above in the sidebar for details.
Share |